We have gathered for you some of the craziest gambling myths ever. Please, share with us if you have ever heard any of these weird things about gambling.
Through the years we have never stopped writing about gambling. We interviewed people who have succeeded in winning record-breaking jackpots by one slot machine spin. We have found historical facts about the origin of each casino game we play today. We made stats and we analyzed the different types of gambling personalities. We have read and a lot. We have shown you a lot. But we have never heard as absurd things as the following gambling myths are…
- It’s totally illegal to count the cards. Whether you will use it directly in Blackjack, where counting cards is definitely a top preferable skill to have, or you will back up your performance in Baccarat, you might go to jail for this. No such a thing. No country has such a law.
- There are slot machines in ground casinos that are programed to never show you the jackpot combination, because they are just made that way. If you believe in this, how can you explain the regular checks of independent regulators visiting such casinos and making tests of internet gambling products?
- The more you play casino games, the better player you will become. We know a guy, who has plaid lottery games for his whole life. First, he has never won more than 200 bucks from his lotto tickets. And second, he today claims for being fool not to read a book or ask for a piece of advice how to play successfully rather than doing the same things for more than a decade.
- It’s illegal to play casino games online in all countries, but some governments just close their eyes. There are particular laws and documents that arrange both – offline and online gambling activity in all countries. Every country has its own policy about taxes and the regulation of the gambling activity. It’s absurd to claim that some governments just close their eyes for the illegal gambling activity. As a matter of fact, gambling is one of the spheres the states mainly control and put their monitoring on.
- There’s no such a thing as gambling addiction. Oh, hell, there is. And the scientists have even come up with the conclusion that gambling addiction is one of the hardest addictions ever. The experts claim that it is close to heroin addiction. Other scientists have even conducted studies according to which gambling addiction is much worse that alcoholism. Some countries, such as the USA have officially proclaimed gambling addiction as a mental illness diagnose.
Just don’t tell us that you used to believe in any of these stupid things about gambling. It’s ok to gamble – it’s legal, it is not that risky, if you are carful and balanced, but mostly, it’s fun!